29 April 2017

Holo Birthday


A bright birthday card with sparkly holographic paper on a number background for a fun birthday card. A balloon decorates the inside of the card.



Supplies


Putting It Together

I was in a bit of a colourful playful mood when I put this card together. It might because I was watching Futerama. It's fun, though, making something that's bright, sparkly, and fun. I wanted to use the Circle Birthday Cutout die set and the number sheet from the Birthday Wishes pad. When I looked in my stash, the holographic star paper called to me. 


I die cut 3 stitched squares from the holographic stars cardstock and then used the Circle Birthday Cutout set to make the birthday symbols. I cut Happy Birthday and a balllon (for the inside) from the same cardstock. I die cut a stitched back panel of numbers from the DCWV Birthday Wishes pad. I dry fit the pieces together to see how it would look.


The squares and words are popped up with foam mounting tape for dimension. 


For the inside, I used a string cut from the Kite set to hold the stitched balloon. I stamped the vertical sentiment first with black archival ink and then platinum. The black behind the silver gives the letters depth.




Challenges

Impression Obsession: You Take the Cake
Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge: We've Got Your Number
Seize the Birthday: Anything Goes
Penny's Paper-Crafty: Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge: Anything Goes
Crafty Gals Corner: Anything Goes

2 comments:

  1. a beautiful colourful sparkly card...thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, this makes quite the celebratory statement, Rijacki! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.