28 April 2017

Flowers


Cute little pixie watering the flowers to make them bloom. A bright and friendly card with a lovely wish. A bright and sunny card for Spring.


Supplies



Putting It Together

The sun has started showing up a bit more lately so I felt like making a sunny flowery card 


When I decided to give her green skin, I stamped her with sage Versamagic to hide the stamping lines in the colouring for a "no lines" effect.


I stamped a second time on the yellow pin dot paper and fussy cut just her outfit out so I could paper piece it.


I coloured the pixie with Distress Ink with Perfect Pearl highlights on her sparkly purply wings. I am really happy with her green skin. I also like her petal pink hair. Even though I was going to be paper piecing her outfit, I coloured it in yellow in case the piecing wasn't perfectly placed and some peeked out. 


I used Multi-medium Matte to glue on her little outfit. 


All fussy cut out, she is bright and fun and ready for the carding.


I die cut a stitched rectangle from the same yellow pin dot paper as for her outfit and blended on amber to the edges. I also die cut a self-matted oval from champagne metallic paper. The oval makes the pixie stand out better from the background even with her just on the edge of it. I piled on velvet flowers which were part of the September KKS Surprise Kit. 


Before adding the everything to the card front, I stamped the inside with the sentiment and decoration. I used chalk ink for the sentiment for a softer look on the words.


I then affixed everything to the card base. The pixie is popped up with foam mounting tape. The flowers and leaves are held on with glue dots so they are firmly attached but with loose edges.



Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Saturday challenge: Flowers
Creative Craft Cottage: Fantasy/Fairies
The Crafter's Cafe: Spring
Just For Fun: Springtime
More Mixed Media challenge: Yellow
Love to Scrap: Girlz Rule
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper challenge: Anything Goes
Aurora Wings: Anything Goes
Crafting From the Heart: Anything Goes
Penny's Paper-Crafty: Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge: Anything Goes

9 comments:

  1. Super sweet and fun card. Thank you very much for joining our challenge at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper.
    Hugs, Iwona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card thank you for sharing with us at Creative Craft Cottage - good luck
    Lyn - DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so adorable! I love that little pixie and the flowers are just wonderful! Thanks for sharing with us at Kraftin' Kimmie Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for Penny’s challenge 326, Hazel DT - and also for my Patterned Paper April challenge – hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fresh and sweet, Rijacki! Love your whimsical colors and paper piecing and what a fab sentiment. Thanks so much for joining our Anything Goes challenge at Aurora Wings. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fun and vibrant card. Love your paper piecing on her! Thanks for joining us at AWCB this time - Teresa DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The fabric flowers add lovely texture to your whimsical design, Rijacki! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello…. You have made a beautiful project. Thanks for entering it into the LTSCB Challenge Good luck in the draw and we would love you to join us again for our next challenge.
    Pen DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super adorable and great design! Thank you playing at Penny's Challenges.
    Mary xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.