08 March 2017

Bubbles


A little girl blowing bubbles outside is, to me, one of the most perfect symbols of Spring. The air is warm enough to go outside and play. Blow bubbles and watch the light breeze carry them away over the grass with small hints of flowers peeking out. We've had such a long and unusual winter here in Vancouver, BC, I'm ready for Spring now!

Bubble Dreams is a digital stamp by Andrea Norris of SheepSki Designs. I printed the digi on watercolour card stock and painted it with Distress Ink and Perfect Pearls. Then I created a shadowbox frame with Core'dinations cardstock. This piece is 8" x 8".



I am pleased to announce that I am now one of the Design Team for SheepSki Designs! I will be part of the team for the SheepSki Designs challenge blog. You'll be seeing at least one project a month from me for SheepSki Designs as inspiration for the challenges.  I hope you'll come and play along with us every month on the challenge!

Supplies


Putting It Together

For this project, I have quite a lot of pictures showing the process from painting the image to making the shadowbox frame. Fifty process pictures in all!! So, for this project, I'm going to try something new. In this post I'm going to hit just the high lights and make 2 more posts for the details on the painting and the frame making. I hope you'll join me on all three, but sometimes, I know, I can be overwhelming *laugh*.

For the colouring/painting details: http://rijacki.blogspot.com/2017/03/bubbles-painting.html
For the shadowbox frame: http://rijacki.blogspot.com/2017/03/bubbles-shadowbox.html


I started by trimming a sheet of 140lb watercolour cardstock (Canson XL) to 8 1/2" x 11" to fit my printer. I then printed the digi to fit the paper. (and my printer can handle the heavier cardstock, Yay!)


Using water brushes and Distress Inks, I painted the image. I washed the bubbles with Perfect Pearls pearl to give them a shimmer like soap bubbles have. I used a stencil and Clarity brush with Distress Ink for the sky and clouds. While I paint, I keep track of what I use.

For more details on the painting and progress pictures through the steps (16 to this stage!),  check out the details post: http://rijacki.blogspot.com/2017/03/bubbles-painting.html


The shadowbox frame was crafted using a 12" x 12" sheet of cardstock, a Scor-Pal board, a pair of scissors, and adhesive.

For more details on how the shadow box frame was made, check out the details post: http://rijacki.blogspot.com/2017/03/bubbles-shadowbox.html


The finished project is 8" x 8".


The shimmer of the Perfect Pearls on the bubbles show up more in person when the light catches the mica in the pearl.


This project was made for my introduction as a new design team member for SheepSki Designs.


Challenges

Creative Cottage: More than 1 fold
Addicted to Stamps and More: Make Your Mark
The Sketchy Challenge: Spring
Simon Says Stamp Monday challege: Make Your Own Background
Through the Craftroom Door: Anything Goes
Crafting from the Heart: Anything Goes
A Bit More Time to Craft: Anything Goes
Love to Scrap: Anything Goes




8 comments:

  1. Such a pretty image, beautifully coloured.
    Thanks for joining this week's challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful creation, welcome to my design team Rijacki :)
    Andrea x
    SheepSki Designs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice!!! Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage. Good luck.
    Bye, Groetjes van Ine (DT)
    http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  4. woaw this is so poetic! it looks like a painting, you did a great job with the coloring and leaving it plain, without sentiment. it speaks for itself really.
    so glad you've shared at love to scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job here! I love the way you were able to really bring this image to life with your coloring! And the way you framed it is so pretty. It was also such a treat to be able to see all of your process pictures that detailed your creative journey. Thank you so much for sharing your talents with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great creation!
    Thanks for playing with us at TTCRD.
    Hugs,
    Farida

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, great job! Thank you very much for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More!
    Martina DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful colouring and I love the way you've done the frame.

    Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.