30 October 2016

Happy Haunting!


The Undertaker with his Spider is inviting you to a happy haunting.

Challenges

Freshly Made Sketches: Sketch #260
Paperbabe: Spooky
Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge: Anything Goes
Inspiration Destination: Anything Goes
Penny's Paper-crafty: Anything Goes
Through the Craftroom Door: Anything Goes
Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Wonderful Wednesday: Anything Goes

Supplies


Putting It Together

blah


The skeletal Undertaker with his top hat is one piece. I wanted to have the hat black and the skull pearl white. To do so, I used masking to stamp just the section I wanted. I stamped on to watercolour cardstock mostly because I had a scrap panel about the size I wanted.



I stamped the skull with Versamark and embossed with Pearl. The hat I stamped with black dye ink and embossed with clear. The Misti makes it easy to do multiple stamping with one stamp even when you have to move the paper in and out. I also stamped the Undertaker text at the bottom in copper. 


For the background, I decided to have cobwebs and a spider. I used a stencil and the Distress Blending tool to add in the Hickory Smoke. 


The embossing of the skull and hat also acted as a resist. I added a bit more smoke over the skull and hat to bring out the details.

The layout I wanted to use for the card comes from the challenge from Freshly Made Sketches.


I added a long panel of patterned paper chalk-black look with writing. I stamped the front sentiments on vellum with copper because I like the smoky look. I added the vellum to the card with Glue Dots. I cut portions of the dots and rolled them to be small dots at either end. The larger dots in the middle will be covered.


I trimmed the Undertaker panel and added foam mounting tape to pop it up from the card.


The cardstock in my stash which was perfect for this card wasn't as perfect for a card base. Since it was too light to stand up well. I added a while panel to the back of the card to give it more body.


I added the rest of the patterned paper from the front into the inside. Along with added strength to the front panel, it also adds a very nice design element for the inside which was stamped, in copper, with the main sentiment.


I added Liquid Pearls Onyx dots to cover the Glue Dots as a rivet effect. 



3 comments:

  1. What a fabulous creepy background - thanks for the step by step!! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun design, Rijacki - love the stencilling! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great designed card Rijacki!! I love that you give step by step instructions! Thanks for joining our challenge with Kraftin Kimmie Stamps.
    Marilyn DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.