02 May 2021

Shell-o! - stenciling, layering, inking on vellum


  My card today is a punny greeting with two stencils layered on the front along with a die-cut using glitter cardstock and vellum background featuring stencils, ink and stamps from Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps and a die from Memory Box. Shell-o!


First stencil from Kraftin' Kimmie is Wonderful Waves that I used with three Kimmie inks, moving the stencil to add more waves in the light colours: Bubbly Blue, Salty Sea, and Aqua Adventure on Hammermill 100lb cardstock.


I then used the She Sells Seashells stencil with Rich Rust to add shells to the wave background. I then used Zig glue pen with the stencil to add adhesive to hold the Cosmic Shimmer Copper Glow microfine shimmery glitter. 


I used the Grand Spiral die from Memory Box to cut bronze glittered cardstock and vellum background. I added Kimmie ink to the vellum, Yummy Yellow and Rich Rust, before adding the shell over the background. For the sentiment, I stencilled another panel with the lightest two ink and stamped the sentiment from the Be a Mermaid set with aqua. 


Inside, I used one more stencil, Krafty Scenery 3, to add splashy waves to the bottom and added a sentiment from the retired Mermaid Friends, also from Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps, with Mermaid Melody ink on a Stampin' Up retired cardstock, Tempting Turquoise, as the cardbase. 



Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps - National Scrapbooking Day: Challenge #2 Layering
Simon Says Stamp Monday: Add a Quote
Outlawz Saturday Paper a la Mode: Thinking of You
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday: Anything Goes


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.