23 April 2021

You - stencil embossing

 


You are awesome! I used a stencil with embossing powder to make the background on this uplifting card using a Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps stencil and stamp set.



 I used a Big Shot to emboss the Magical Mosiac stencil on heavy white cardstock (Hammermill 100lb) then, with the stencil still in place, I applied the embossing pad directly to the paper. I ran the sticky stencil through the Big Shot with another panel of the same cardstock to 'stamp' the stencil. 

On the main panel, I dumped Fizz embossing powder over the stencilled ink. After melting the powder over the whole panel, I re-heated portions to re-apply embossing powder and melted it before moving to another section. I then applied Purple Orchid embossing powder to the second panel for a distressed light embossing. 

TIP: Have your embossing powder ready to go on your table before you start :)


I added the neon looking Lined You die from Simon Says Stamp cut from Sizzix Mystic Opulent cardstock and vellum. I masked the "you" of a sentiment from Happy Thoughts by Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps to complete the sentiment on the front.


Inside, I added another sentiment from Happy Thoughts with Crisp Crimson from Kraftin' Kimmie and used the ink for a bit of stencilling with a stencil that will be part of the Kraftin' Kimmie May release. 



Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps: Anything Goes
Outlawz Festive Friday: Thinking of You
Simon Says Stamp Monday: Bright, Cheerful Colours 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.