01 November 2019

Snowmen Selfie - Sheepski Designs


The whole gang is here for a wintery greeting. November's challenge for the Sheepski Designs blog is Christmas! Come join us. 

My inspiration project is two cards using the same Sheepski Designs image, Snowmen Selfie, coloured with Nuvo alcohol markers. 

SheepSki Designs Etsy shop
SheepSki Designs FaceBook group

Putting It Together

I printed the digi in two sizes 'cause I wasn't sure which size I wanted to use.


I coloured both of the images and really loved how they turned out. I used Nuvo alcohol markers on 110lb Hammermill paper.


For the larger version, I decided to do a square card. I used square dies to cut a sparkly glitter cardstock frame and found a great paper from a pad I recently bought. I found a sentiment die that could go with them and dry fit everything to make sure it would work.


I used the die to cut foiled cardstock and couple more from heavy black cardstock. I triple stacked the 'seasons' and double stacked the 'greetings' because I planned to use foam mounting tape under the picture. Stacking die cuts not only gives them dimension, it also makes them more stable or rigid.


All put together. I needed to add a bit more adhesive under the 'g' for it to stick better on the glittery frame. I added a little more adhesive and put it under something heavy (a small box with Distress Oxide sprays).


Inside, I used two inks to stamp a Unity sentiment to give it more character and added a strip of the scrap from the background paper on the front. I got the sentiment from a car boot sale, I think it might have been a freebie at some time.


For the smaller image, I decided to use the Frame Punch Board to make a frame like an old Poloroid. This kind of frame was one of the main reasons I picked up this punch board when I saw it at Tuesday Morning.


I found a great background paper from my stash and did a dry fit with a sentiment from Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps and a plastic snowflake embellishment. I added a black mat with a thin edge to the picture which I think amps up the Poloroid look.


I added everything to a kraft card base.


Inside, I used another sheet from the same paper pad and added another Kraftin' Kimmie sentiment.





Supplies


Challenges

Be sure to come join us in the SheepSki Designs Challenge Blog. November's theme is Christmas.

Outlawz Twisted Thursday: Cute
Fab N Funky: Christmas
Pearly Sparkles: Christmas
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas: Anything Goes
Watercooler Wednesday: Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday: Anything Goes
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper: Anything Goes

7 comments:

  1. I really love this jolly bunch of snowmen! Both your cards are gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Fab'n' Funky this week.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that image - beautiful colouring!
    Thank you for sharing with Crafty Hazelnut's Weekly Christmas Challenge!
    Susan
    DT for CHNC
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your snowmen selfies!
    Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts patterned paper challenge.
    Happy crafting!
    Catherine x DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kate, I love you selfie snowmen - they are so darn cute and your colouring is fabulous. Thanks for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week. Tristan DT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cheerful Christmas card with a great image, thanks for sharing at Fab’n’Funky.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are brilliant Rijacki and I love the vibrant colours!
    Andrea x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore that image! Snow people are the best. Thanks for sharing at Pearly Sparkles.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.