03 November 2019

Brew-tiful - stenciling, coloured pencil, Perfect Pearls


Mmmmmm, coffee. No matter how you have it, it's a start to a brew-tiful day. My plaque features Kraftin' Kimmie stamps and inks, Elizabeth Craft Designs stencil, and a Tim Holtz frame.


Putting It Together

This was a quick project. I didn't want to do a card, so I made a small plaque instead. 



I trimmed kraft cardstock to the size of the back piece of the frame and did a dry layout of my design idea.


I stamped the cups on masking paper and fussy cut them.


After stamping the cups on my panel, I covered them with the masking.


I squished the Clear Mark pad directly trough the stencil.


I used Purple Tape on just one side of the stencil so I could use it like a hinge to check my stencilling to make sure I got it all over.


I took off the masking before adding Perfect Pearls to avoid the powder sticking to the adhesive of the masking paper. I used a brush to add the shimmery powder to the stencilled beans.


I used Koh-i-Noor pencils to add a bit of colour to the cups.


I used a sponge blending tool to add Creamy Caramel to the frame.


I then added Marvelous Mocha to darken up the frame and give it a bit of a distressed look.


I stamped the sentiment and then used liquid glue to adhere the cardstock panel to the frame's back panel and the frame to finish.


Supplies


Challenges

Coffee Loving Card Makers: Fall/Winter Blog Hop

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful plaque and a great idea love the stamps and stencilling -the distressed frame looks perfect
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful little plaque and I love the stenciled design too. Stenciling is in big and I enjoy doing it a lot of late myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely little coffee plaque! Love the stenciled beans!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome plaque and so creative. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is fabulous!
    Hello from Coffee Lovers blog hop!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.