19 August 2019

Meow-o-Clock - TTCRD, coloured pencil on kraft


This week's sponsor for the Through the Craftroom Door challenge is Hetty Clare!


I’m Helen Pearce and I am an illustrator, teacher and digi stamp designer. I work under the name of Hetty Clare.
I discovered Etsy in May 2018 when I was looking for another outlet for my art. I discovered digi stamps and knew that it was the perfect choice for the kind of creative drawing I love to do and Etsy is the perfect platform to reach a worldwide audience.
Being invited to take part in blogs and competitions is a real pleasure as you get to speak to other creative people from around the world and see the amazing craft results of others using your digi stamps.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/HettyClare

Prize: 3 free images from the shop

For my inspiration card, I used Wakey Wakey with Prismacolor pencils on kraft coloured MiTientes paper.


Putting It Together


I recently took a 3-day staycation and my own kitty was so good and wasn't a wake-up alarm like these three naughty kitties (or like he usually is).


I printed the image on kraft coloured MiTeintes paper and coloured with Prismacolour pencils. I love how the colours are so vibrant on a coloured paper. I also used Spectrum Noir metallic markers for the outer ring.


I trimmed and mounted the image on a black cardbase using a corner punch to round the edges. I then added a sparkly glittery 'meow' die cut from Newton's Nook to give the kitties their voice. It's Meow-o-clock!


Inside, I used a stamp set from Kraftin' Kimmie stamps to add a sentiment and kitty-related details to a pink panel I rounded with two corner punches.



Come join us in the always Anything Goes challenge at Through the Craftroom Door. This week's prize is 3 images from Hetty Clare.

Challenges

Outlawz Twisted Thursday: Favourite Embellishment - die cut sentiment (especially if I can make it glittery)
Scribbles Designs: Include a Sentiment
Simon Says Wednesday: Midsummer Blues
Pearly Sparkles: Something Beginning with B - bed
Polkadoodles: Anything Goes
Penny's Paper-crafty: Anything Goes

4 comments:

  1. This is my favourite Hetty Clare image! I love what you've done with it! Love your glittery sentiment! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Penny's!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun image. Thanks for playing along with us at Pearly Sparkles. Lisa DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a fun image.. fabulous.. thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles Craft Challenge..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm kitten sitting at the moment and I can totally relate to this image! Fun card. Thank you for joining in the Include A Sentiment Challenge at Scribbles Designs and apologies for the really late comment.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.