23 January 2019

Little Things - embossing, stencilling, masking


It's the little things in life that get us by. Stop and smell the roses, enjoy the day. My card features stamps, stencils, and ink from Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps along with some Wow embossing.


Putting It Together

A simple card can sometimes be the most satisfying to make. 



I started with stencilling using a Clarity brush and two ink colours. I love the visual texture from the Beautiful Burlap stencil. From all the colour stained on mine, you can see it is well loved.


The olive Mossy Meadow blends well with the brown Marvelous Mocha.


To avoid cross-contamination for a future project, I clean my Clarity brush with a wet wipe. The Kimmie inks are hybrid so I need to clean the brush right away or the ink will dry on the bristles.


I stamped the flower with Ruby Red.


Then I embossed it twice with white pearl.


The pearl mellowed the red into almost a burgundy.


I wanted to add a leaf so I decided to use masking. Embossing is a resist, but there are details lines on the solid flower image and I didn't want to have green there. So, I imperfectly quickly stamped the flower on masking paper.


I then fussy cut the flower close to the edge of the stamping.


I laid the mask over the stamped flower.


I then lined up my leaf with it partially overlapping the mask.


I stamped with the green and then yellow to give the leaf a little variation in colour.


When I removed the mask, the leaf appropriately looks like it's behind the flower.


I trimmed the edges of the panel to allow for a matted edge with the kraft cardbase and then simply adhered the panel to the base.


Inside, I stamped a similar smaller flower and another sentiment.



Supplies


Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps: Flowers
Sparkle 'n' Sprinkle: Embossing Powder
Tuesday Throwdown: Embossing
Outlawz Sunday Songs and Rhymes: Ring-a-ring-a-rosie
Creative Moments: Anything Goes
Pearly-Sparkles: Anything Goes
Crafting From the Heart: Anything Goes

4 comments:

  1. Love this background, and thanks so much for showing in great detail how you made it. Very interesting!! It's a beautiful card, and I'm so glad you shared it with us at Tuesday Throwdown Challenge. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great background and I love how the flower pops from it! Great make! Thanks for joining us over at the Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card. Thanks for joining us at Pearly Sparkles this month for our "Anything Goes" Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow such a creative project! Love your stamping ideas.
    Thank you fro joining Creative Moments!
    Hugs from Africa!
    Olga

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.