21 January 2019

Bear Hugs - Through the Craftroom Door, coloured pencil


My project today is heralding the latest challenge from the Through the Craftroom Door blog! Our sponsor this week is Morgan's Art World.




My card features the adorable Ted No 2 coloured with Koh-i-Noor pencils on Mi Teintes paper. 



Putting It Together

Morgan's Art World has a variety of images from simpler line drawing images to more elaborate colouring book page style panels.


I coloured the Ted #2 with Koh-i-Noor colour pencils on a coloured Mi Tientes paper. I love the vibrancy of these pencils.


For colouring, I use a 'light box" designed for embossing with a stylus minus the lightbulb. The slightly raised and slanted surface is more ergonomic and easier on my hand and neck since I don't have to bend over as far. The hard surface is also helpful with the coloured pencils.


After colouring the image and trimming it with a CC Designs die, I started putting the card together. I die cut 'hugs' from heavy white cardstock using a die from Impression Obsession. I embossed the die cut with glittery embossing powder from Stampendous. I pulled in patterned paper from the Adventure pad from DCWV, a rhinestone flower centre from Prima Marketing, and a Ribbon from May Arts.


I used the layout from the current Outlawz sketch challenge.


I used a kraft cardbase with a top fold, adhering everything flat for easier mailing.


Inside, I added more of the purple plaid and a tag of lightweight watercolour paper cut with another CC Designs tag and a hole enforcer from am Elizabeth Craft Designs die set. I left the space blank for a personal handwritten sentiment.



Challenges

Morgan's Art World: Anything Goes
Outlawz Wednesday Sketch: 9-22 Jan
The Paper Shelter: Digital Image
Crafter's Cafe: Layer It Up
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper: Anything Goes
Penny's Paper-Crafty: Anything Goes
Crafting From the Heart: Anything Goes

8 comments:

  1. Such a lovely card. Your teddies are so cute. Love your background paper. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter challenge this week- Patsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adoreable!!! Great job!! Thanks for playing with us at TPS this week! Good Luck!! Hug Lena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your coloring on that cute image is wonderful. And I love the embellishments and bling. Thanks for joining us at Penny's this week. DT Kathy [myasperations.blogspot.com]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a very cute beary card. SO glad you joined us at Morgan's Artworld Open Challenge.
    Arlene DT for
    http://morgansartworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful colouring, great to see coloured card used as background too. Thanks for joining our choose Layer it Up/CAS challenge at the Crafters Café, CarolG

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colors on this pretty card! Thank you for sharing with us over here at Morgan's Artworld Open Challenge and best of luck with your entry. Love to see you join in each month.
    Judy DT for
    http://morgansartworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful creation Rijacki, lovely coloring and design! Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's Artworld Open Challenge and best of luck with your entry. Love to see you join in each month. Thank you.
    ~ DT Sherry x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Extremely beautiful. Thank you for joining us at The Crafter's Cafe Challenge Blog. Love to see you again. All the best. Alka

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.