06 December 2018

Dino-mite! - coloured pencil, embossing, tag, masking


A happy birthday dinosaur tag featuring one of the Kraftin' Kimmie sets released last year!

Putting It Together

I like doing composite images with masking. 



I decided to do a small tag using one of the many freebie tags I've gotten. I laid out the stamps to make sure everything would fit.


I wanted the hat on the dinosaur's head, so I created a mask with a Post-It note. Then I stamped the hate and covered it with the mask.


I stamped the dinosaur and the masked hat now looks like it's on his head.


I embossed the sentiment using Emerald Creek's Northern Lights.


To colour the birthday-saur, I used an inexpensive coloured pencil set I got as a gift several months ago. These pencils are more scratchy than creamy, but can still yield good results.


I used a Nuvo glitter marker to add a bit of 'zazz to the edges.


I created a tassel from cotton twine from a card kit and added a button, also from a card kit to finish off the cute tag suitable for a dinosaur fan's birthday.


Supplies


Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps: Krafty Days of Khristmas - Day 3
Outlawz Saturday A La Mode: Gift Tag
Simon Says Stamp Monday: 'B' is for

1 comment:

  1. What a little cutie! Fun tag for a child's birthday. Thanks for sharing with us this week at SImon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! Maura

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.