06 December 2018

Bearly Skating - Distress marker, embossing


Polar bears skating are such a wonderful way to depict winter. The stamp is a long retired image from Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps coloured with Distress markers. I paired it with a snowflake embossed panel and die cut snowflakes.

Putting It Together

It's getting colder here, but still no snow. It doesn't get as cold and snowy here as it does in other parts of Canada. A friend lives in Edmonton, much closer to where there are polar bears that could be ice skating. 



I used Distress markers and a waterbrush to colour the image. I had to include Wilted Violet and Mermaid Lagoon since they're my favs.


I used a CC Designs die to trim the image.


I embossed a panel I pearlised with Cosmic Shimmer and dry fit it with the image, ribbon from last year, and matting. I like how the teal colour conveys cool.


After adhering everything to a white card base with the image panel popped up with foam mounting tape, I added some snowflake die cuts from the Blizzard die from Stampin' Up with Prima Marketing gems for the centres.


Inside, I stamped a sentiment from a Kraftin' Kimmie set from last year and added snowflakes from another.



Supplies


Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps: Snow
Try It On Tuesday: Winter Wonderland
Christmas Crafts All Year 'Round: Anything Goes
Incy Wincy: Create Your Own Background
Simon Says Stamp Monday: 'B' is for
Outlawz Sunday Songs & Rhymes: I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas
Tuesday Throwdown: Anything Goes
Addicted to Stamps and More: Anything Goes

3 comments:

  1. So lovely and beautiful Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday! oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really sweet image. Thank you for sharing your lovely card with us at Try it on Tuesdays.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! I love how you used the Cosmic Shimmer and the skating bears are super cute 😀. Thanks so much for joining us at Try it on Tuesday! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.