09 May 2018

Snow White - shaped card, Prismacolor pencils


Snow White as a storybook card using a Find It Trading die. a stamp set from Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps, and Prismacolor pencils.

Putting It Together

I got both the die set and the stamp set a while ago but finally thought to put them together for a shaped card challenge.


I used the nested die to cut inside pages from lightweight watercolour paper slightly larger than the stamp, then stamped Snow White and her friends with pale grey ink for "no lines" colouring.


I used the largest of the die set to cut the base from Graphic 45 cardstock and larger inside pages from the watercolour paper.


I used the largest of the die set to cut the card base from heavy white cardstock with the fold below the top of the die.


I coloured Snow White and her friends with Prismacolor pencils. I added a sun and grass to the scene.


I scored and lightly folded the decorated pages at the centre and I used the curve of a brush handle to curve each side up.


I added a strip of double-sided tape down the fold line and doubled up foam mounting tape in the curves to keep their dimension. I added adhesive tape on the outside of the pages to complete the hold.


I put everything in place with the decorated page curving up.


Inside I stamped one of the sentiments from the set, a quote from Snow White herself. "Remember, you're the one that can fill the world with sunshine."



Supplies


Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps: Shaped Card
Tuesday Throwdown: Shaped Card
Try It On Tuesday: Die cuts
Creative Craft Cottage: Die cuts
Happy Little Stampers with Dies: Anything Goes
Crafting From the Heart: Anything Goes
Addicted to Stamps: Anything Goes



5 comments:

  1. So very beautiful ! Thank you for joining us at TioT!
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card! I enjoyec following along to see how you made it too and the Snow White quote is one of my favourites - perfect 😁. Thanks so much for joining us at Try it on Tuesday! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage challenge good luck. Have a nice day
    Anneke DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a wonderful shape for your lovely card. Thank you for sharing it with us at Try it on Tuesdays.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card! Love the shape of the dies to make it.. Thanks for joining us over at HLS Anything Goes with Dies!

    www.thebluemoonstitch.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.