06 May 2021

Rainbow Sweety Treaty - alcohol marker, shaker

 


Rainbow! Candy! Trolls! Shaker! My card features a Kraftin' Kimmie stamp set, inks, and stencils with Copic marker colouring and a full card shaker with candy shaker elements. Sweet!!


I made this card for a "Krafty Forecast" of Rainbow with a chance of Sweety Treaty. I started with the idea of a rainbow confetti background and used transfer gel and rainbow foil with the Confetti stencil. It's so hard to get a good picture with foil. It's very rainbow-riffic in person. 

While I was waiting on the transfer gel to dry (and for my next window of crafty time), I got the idea to do a shaker. With a full card shaker, I didn't have to cover up any of the rainbow foil goodness. Then the candy troll kids of Troll Trouble popped in my head to direct the rest of the card. 


I coloured the girl troll with rainbow hair 'cause I wish I had rainbow in my hair.


I want that rainbow t-shirt, too! 


I assembled the shaker with the rainbow confetti background and troll kids on the front with a sentiment stamped with Whimsical Wisteria and then embossed with a touch of holographic sparkle. I added Nuvo glitter accents Snowfall to add sugary crunch to the lollies and Nuvo crystal drops Morning Dew to add gloss to the girl troll's buttons and barrettes. I used Sizzix mystical opulant cardstock for the prismatic rainbow frame. For the shaker shaka-shaka, I added in Rainbow Candy shaker elements from Dress My Craft and holographic stars and triangles from Nuvo. I forgot to de-static the shaker pouch before putting the stuff in and sealing it up (a swipe with a dry Swiffer cloth works great for that) and accidentally added more stars than I meant to. Overnight, the static charge dissipated and I was able to get pictures without the stars covering everything. The Rectangle Shaker Pouches A2 and matching die from My Favorite Things are fabulous but sadly no longer available. 


I added the shaker to a yellow cardbase and used Tempting Tangerine to add an inside sentiment and light stencilling with the Harlequin stencil. 



Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps: What's Your Krafty Forcast? - Rainbow Sweety Treaty


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.