05 May 2021

Present Pile - masking

 


Who wouldn't want a prodigious pile of presents for their birthday? My festive card features masking, masking, and more masking with a Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps set along with some glitter marker colouring.


Santa's Ride is a fabulous Christmas stamp set by Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps and the artist Sabrina Van Vloten. It's full of small images that can be useful for border stamping as well as to put into the train cars. The presents got me thinking of a pile for a birthday. 


I used masking to block out the area for the die-cut sentiment, Happy Birthday (retired) from Elizabeth Craft Designs, and then more masks to stamp a middle border of presents around it. 


I took off the masking and dry-fit the die in place and... it seemed to be missing a bit. So I started again. 

I used masking to build the present pile from the bottom of the card. I left the top masking in place and used a stencil to add a background to the top. 


When I removed the masking, I really disliked how the stencilled background and banner swag turned out so... I fussy cut it away.


With just the present pile and the blank area for the sentiment, I used Nuvo glitter markers to decorate the presents. 

I added patterned paper for the top background and was much happier with how it turned out. I added it to a Tempting Turquoise (retired Stampin' Up) cardbase and put on the stacked glitter cardstock die-cut for the finish. I am happy with how the white area under the die-cut sets it off while keeping the present pile focal. 


Inside, I used a sentiment and balloon bundle from Party Time Sentiments, also from Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps. 

Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie NSD: #5 Repeating Stamps/Shapes
Outlawz Festive Friday: Anything Goes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.