26 January 2020

Adventure Birthday - coloured pencil on kraft


Boys will be boys playing in a makeshift tent imagining great adventures in the woods. A birthday reminder to "live the life you have imagined." My card features stamps from Kraftin' Kimmie stamps, Prismacolour pencil colouring on kraft, embossing and patterned paper from Hackney & Co.

Putting It Together

I got this incredible paper pad from the artists of hackney & Co a while ago but have been a little reluctant to cut into its loveliness. But I but supplies to use them, not just admire them.


I decided to use one of the sheets as a backdrop of a pair of boys playing camping in their bedroom with a blanket on chair and boxes as a tent showing their imaginary setting.


I coloured the boys and their tent using Prismacolor pencils on kraft cardstock.


I fussy cut the scene, removing the centre blank area to make it less weight and reveal the background. I trimmed the patterned paper to fit on an A2 cardbase with a thin area of the cardbase showing as a mat. I dry fit the placement along with a sentiment from the stamp set.


I embossed the sentiment with a dark green and popped the boys' scene up with foam mounting tape.

"Life the life you have imagined!" -H.D. Thoreau


Inside, I embossed a strip of the scrap on the reverse side with a birthday greeting in the same green.



Supplies


Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Online Krafty Krop: #5 Colour to Match Your Patterned Paper
Watercooler Wednesday: Masculine
Outlawz Twisted Thursday: Anything Goes

1 comment:

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.