17 January 2018

Saddle Up - Distress Oxide and Distress ink watercolour, calendar tag


A calendar for a friend who has a horse and will be stepping into a new job in the new year. Keep calm and Saddle Up!

The calendar features a horse from Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps, a sentiment from Elizabeth Craft Designs, and a background of Distress Oxide.


Putting it Together

An oversized tag makes a great base for a small tear-off calendar that can fit into almost any space.


To start with, I used the blender tool and created a sponged background with Distress Oxides. I sprayed it with Perfect Pearls for shimmer and shine.


There are several layers of colour and spray.


For the horse, I used Distress ink and waterbrush on watercolour cardstock.


I fussy cut the horse.


With the tag bone dry, I stamped the sentiment and horse shoe with Versamark and embossed with rose gold for a slightly coppery look.


I added a small calendar with double-sided adhesive tape and used foam mounting tape on the horse for a little dimension.



Supplies

Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Krafty Scrappin': Anything But a Card
Incy Wincy: Tag
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday: Add a Sentiment
Inspiration Destination: Embossing
Crafty Gals Corner: Anything Goes
Love to Scrap: Anything Goes

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Awesome background! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Crafty Gals Corner Challenges this week. Be sure to join us next week too!
    Blessings,
    CGC DT
    Scrapbookingmamaw {My Blog}
    Crafty Gals Corner Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  2. an amazing background, nicely done! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute DIY calendar :) Sorry for commenting so late I've been fighting a bad cold still.Thank you for sharing with us at the Crafty Gals Corner!Hope you join us again soon!
    Hugs
    Kleri DT
    http://craftygalscornerchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://kefartworx.co.uk/ (My blog)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.