Welcome to November and my inspiration for Sheepski Designs challenge blog! The theme this month is Sparkle & Shine! I chose Daisy this month and made a wedding card.
Daisy is painted with Liquid Pearls and paired with a calligraphy die cut from Elizabeth Craft Designs as well at an embossed background layered with a die cut and festooned with rhinestone studded daisies.
SheepSki Designs Challenge Blog
SheepSki Designs Etsy shop
SheepSki Designs FaceBook group
Putting It Together
When I was looking through my collection Sheepski Design images, I got an idea. It was almost like the cartoon light bulb over my head, but I was at my day job so I had to wait until I was home to try it.
I print the image several weeks ago when I intended to make it as a one-layer card.. and printed it too far over right next to the edge of the paper. Oops. So I trimmed it to a panel and put it in my pile of images for a future day.
While looking for a colour of Liquid Pearls, I noticed the description included a mention of using it with water to paint. Hmm.. thinks I, paint with water. I love water mediums so I had to give it a try. I squeezed a small amount on to a plastic sheet and added some water.
I used a waterbrush with the watered down Liquid Pearls, painting it as I would any watercolour or acrylic.
I also added some Distress ink for shading, tires, and the windows, Stickles for the rear lights, and Gelly Roll Glaze black pen for outlining.
Liquid Pearls: White Opal, Daffodil, Dark Chocolate, Onyx Pearl, and Flamingo
Stickles: Barn Door
Distress Ink: Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Hickory Smoke, and Black Soot.
I fussy cut Daisy which rescued it from the printed too close to the edge.
I left a narrow margin around the image because it was easier to for the train of cans.
I die cut the sentiment from black glitter paper and dry fit the two together on a card base. This was the idea that struck me in the morning, but.. it needed more.
I looked through my stash and die cut this lovely crinkly linen-like metallic-y paper from Micheals.
Better, but still needs more..
I embossed a panel of Neenah metallic white gold paper and.. getting closer.
I added a bit of Tumbled Glass to the edges of the embossed panel with the blender tool.
I then tried dry fitting some daisies from my stash. I got them at a garage sale last summer in a bag with a whole bunch of different flowers. This, this was it.
To give the sentiment a little dimension, I die cut a second time from black cardstock.
A ran both through the Xyron to make them into stickers.
Leaving the plain one on the release sheet, I stacked the glittered sentiment over it.
I added a few flowers with mini Glue Dots and then the sentiment. I had adhered the linen die cut to the embossed panel with tape runner.
I added foam mounting tape to the back of Daisy to pop it up.
I adhered it all to the card base, fully covering the front.
Inside, I used an Impression Obsession sentiment with an added daisy.