04 December 2017

Bunny Love - Through the Craftroom Door inspiration with Sheepski Designs - stencil with crackle paste and Nuvo mousse, watercolour pencil


This week's sponsor for the Through the Craftroom Door blog challenge is Sheepski Designs.


Living in Leeds, Yorkshire in the UK, working full time as a Management Accountant, currently working on 2 design teams and an obsessive crafter and creator of cards. I have no actual style as yet but do love the unusual and quirky. I may be known for producing cards in soft pastel colours.
I love anything arty. I've always drawn stuff, for as long as I can remember. In my younger days I sold a few watercolour paintings. I recently found mixed media which is a joy and love creating canvases with flowers.
I had a battle with digital drawing for about a year and finally found some software I could gel with. January 2016 a challenge team I worked on was short of a designer's images to create with so I drew some. I opened my shop a month later so I could sponsor challenges and give something back to the crafting world, to the lovely ladies who have supported me on my journey.
I've a Facebook group SheepSki Designs where I hold challenges, some for fun to win digis as well as my monthly card challenge. I've a SheepSki Designs challenge blog as well. Things are growing slowly (thankfully) so I still manage to spend at least a little time with my hubby :D

I know Sheepski Designs well and have been on Andrea's design team for many months now.  So, I decided to use Rocket and Rosie paired with a background I made with by stenciling crackle paste, coloured with Nuvo embellishment mousse.


Lovely bunnies sharing their affections: To the world you may be just one person, but to one person you may be the world.




Putting It Together


I recently wrote up a tutorial for Through the Craftroom Door's online magazine featuring stenciling and Nuvo embellishment mousse.


For one of the panels, I used DecoArt crackle paste with a Southern Ridge Trading Company stencil. I used Nuvo embellishment mousse on the panel after the crackle paste dried and did it's magic. Check out the magazine article for my step-by-step tutorial on this technique and two more.


For the image I decided to give Crayola's watercolour pencils a try. They turned out rather lovely.


I dry fit a die on the bunnies to size it up.

 

I die cut the bunnies and used the next larger of the nested scalloped oval dies from CC Designs to cut a translucent white pearl panel for matting.  I added a light blue gingham ribbon as well.


Inside, I stamped a sentiment from Unity Stamps with a stamped embellishment from Stampin' Up.



Challenges

Creative Moments: Pretty In Pink
Crazy For Challenges: Colour Your Day
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday: Anything Goes
Crafting From the Heart: Anything Goes
Penny's Paper-crafty: Anything Goes
Crafty Gals Corner: Anything Goes
Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps: Anything Goes

8 comments:

  1. This is so cute. I love the crackle paste and the heart stencil. Those bunnies are sweet. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for Penny’s challenge 357 – hope to see you again soon – Hazel DT x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. Those bunnies are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet card! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Gals Corner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweetly and romantic card. Thanks for joining us for our Creative Moments Challenge
    We look forward to seeing you again next time.
    Hugs,
    creativEle DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet and soft. Love the background and the bunnies are so cute.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! Thanks for joining us at Crafting from the Heart Challenge Blog.
    Bye, Groetjes van Ine (DT)
    http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sweet and gorgeous!
    Thank you for joining at our challenge at Creative Moments, good luck!
    Looking forward to see you at the next challenge

    X
    Diana
    DT member at Creative Moments
    Merry Creepmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.