18 November 2017

Cocoa Mouse - watercolour pencil


Mug o' Mouse, hot cocoa is wonderful on a frosty day, perfect for a winter birthday.


This card features a House Mouse and Friends image coloured with watercolour pencil, background paper ny Doodlebug matted with Glitter Silk, and sentiments from Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps.


Putting It Together

I'm a winter child, my birthday is in February, so I love the snow and cold and all the cuddly warm drinks that come with it. 


I stamped the image with Rich Cocoa on watercolour cardstock and tucked him in my stash of pre-stamped images so I could take him "on the road". I coloured the image with watercolour pencil and waterbrush while waiting in the airport for my flight to board on my recent trip to visit family.

Last year I discovered how soothing it was to colour up images while traveling and now I carry a stash of pre-stamped images and my watercolour pencils nearly everywhere I go. If I have to wait for a while, I get out my packet of bliss and do a bit of colouring. Wonderful destress. I don't have a huge number of watercolour pencils, so they easily fit in my purse along with a few waterbrushes. Since the water is contained in the brush, I don't need to have cups and a lot of space to do the colouring.


Back at home, I used a CC Designs die to trim the image.


I decided to do a double matting using the Glitter Silk so, since the middle would be hidden by the Doodlebug paper, I die cut the matte for the image from the middle.


I dry fit the pieces together to see if I needed more. I love how these colours come together so well. I rarely choose background elements before I colour an image so I am always so pleased when I find things fitting together this perfectly.


I decided to edge the sentiment with a little bit of Distress ink Mermaid Lagoon so it stands out a bit more from the wordy background.


I used foam mounting tape under the matted image and the sentiment for a bit of dimension.


Inside, I stamped a birthday hot chocolate sentiment. Yum!




Supplies


Challenges

House Mouse and Friends: Frosty
Watercooler Wednesday: Masculine
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday: Furry Friends 
Scrapping 4 Fun: Winter Wonderland
Happy Little Stampers Watercolour: Anything Goes
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper: Anything Goes
The Ribbon Girl: Anything Goes
Crafting From the Heart: Anything Goes
Createful Hearts: Anything Goes
Love to Scrap: Anything Goes

23 comments:

  1. Fabulous and well coloured House Mouse stamp. Love your background papers too Rijacki. A fabulous project and gorgeous colours used. Thank you so much for entering into our current challenge and good luck in the draw. Hope to see you again next challenge with your cute work…. {aNNie}Designer for House Mouse and Friends


    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Masculine challenge this week. Your little House Mouse is just the sweetest. Beautiful match with the DSP and glimmer papers. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a gorgeous card! The image is cute and I love the colours! Thank you for sharing with us at the Ribbon Girl, good luck and I hope you will join us again.
    Hugs
    Gina xx
    https://www.ribbongirl.co.uk/catalog/

    ReplyDelete
  4. That card is soooo adorable! Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Createful Heart Digis & Design this week. We hope you’ll join us again next time!
    Blessings,
    CHDD DT
    Scrapbookingmamaw {My Blog}
    Createful Heart Digis & Design
    www.createfulheartcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Smart girl traveling with your de-stressers. I love this stamp. The mouse is adorable and so is your card. The colors are beautiful. Thank you for joining us at House Mouse and Friends Monday challenge. {Bunny} Designer for House Mouse and Friends

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too love to color to de-stress! I have loved it since I was a little girl but now I dont use crayons LOL! I adore the paper you used on your card, it really makes your image shine!

    Thanks so much for sharing with us at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.


    ♥ Sue Kment

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute little house mouse and great that you could relax enough at an airport to colour in. Thanks for sharing with CHN patterned paper challenge.
    Margaret M DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card Rijacki, beautifully coloured and layered

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet card and I love how you coloured the image. What a great idea to colour on the go like this!
    Thanks for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely card with an adorable mouse onto it!
    Lia DT S4F

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a clever idea, to have some images along to colour when you travel, Kate. You've certainly made this little mouse in the cup come to life with your beautiful shading. The background papers and that lovely blue glittery paper are a wonderful match. Funny, at first glance I thought the greeting inside said "mousemallows". But marshmallows does make more sense. Great card. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. super cute card, luv the design and your coloring! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  13. that is cute card Rijacki. Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapping 4 Fun Challenge.Hope to see you again
    Shylaa DT@S4F
    Adhiraacreations

    ReplyDelete
  14. Rijacki, what a sweet image. Love how you colored it up so beautifully, and the pretty background paper. Sentiment is perfect! Thanks for sharing your card with us and playing along at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic use of the glitter (it's so pretty) great background papers and awesome colouring job with the pencils. hanks for playing along with us at House Mouse and Friends. Barbara GDT.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Eeeee!!!!! This is uber cute!!!! I love everything about this card! Your coloring is fabulous and I love how it all came together! Thanks for joining us this week at Watercooler Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, Rijacki, this is so darling! I love House Mousies and this one all done in winter blues is magnificent. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Createful Hearts this fortnight. Good luck in the draw.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful winter card, love the paper and cute mouse
    Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges
    Rachelle DT
    https://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stunning card, Thank you for Joining us at Happy Little stampers and waiting to see next time.

    Hugs
    Meena HLS WC DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous card Rijackie :-) I love this cute little mouse in his mug of cocoa and the colours and details are very lovely, a perfect sentiment too!! :-)

    Thanks for joining us on the House Mouse and Friends Challenge 🐰
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your beautiful card! Thank you for joining us at LTSCB!
    Hugs
    Irena xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love this gorgeous sparkly design..sweet image & wonderful glitter card..no wonder you used it as much as poss.. great take on the option chall theme Frosty..

    Thanks for sharing with us @ House Mouse and Friends Mon. chall this time.

    smiles Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just what you need on a frosty day sweetie !! Such a lovely card and many thanks for playing along with us at HMFMC !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.