01 March 2017

Ladies Lunch


"I would like to propose a toast. Here's to the ladies who lunch... I'll drink to that." The Wine Divas from Art Impressions are featured on this single layer card which is watercoloured with Distress Inks.

Supplies


Putting It Together

While creating in my workshop, I'm usually half-watching something on Netflix. Sometimes that influences what I am creating, but usually not. Then when I start to blog the project, sometimes a song will pop in my head to influence the title. Today, that song was "Ladies Who Lunch" from Company. So, these are my ladies who lunch but are ever so much more gleeful about it. 


I decided I wanted to do a single layer card so  I laid out my stamps on a card blank I had made of heave watercolour cardstock.


I stamped in light blue to do a 'no lines' technique. I also stamped on printer paper to make a mask since I planned to use a stencil to make the flooring. I fussy cut the area of the stamp I would be using for the mask, just the bottom.


For my colouring, I use a waterbrush with Distress Ink. For skin I lay down a light colour and then dark shading with the middle colour as the tone. For my ladies of diversity, I used six different colours combining them for different skin colours.

Left
Antique Linen
Tattered Rose
Victorian Velvet
Middle
Old Paper
Tea Dye
Vintage Photo
Right
Old Paper
Tattered Rose
Victorian Velvet


I make notes on colours while I paint both to be able to do the supplies list and also so I can use what works well for a future project.


I got quite the list of colours. In addition to the Distress Ink, I also used some touches of Perfect Pearls on the earrings, bar stools, and table. I love Perfect Pearls because you can paint over them without loosing their sparkle. They're not a resit but when dry, and they dry -fast-, they're like an acrylic.


To add in a floor, I used a stencil from Southern Ridge Trading Company. The 3" x 3" stencils are great for a small touch like this. I applied removable adhesive to the mask I made earlier and covered the painted image. Then I used Post Its to mask the rest of the area and hold the stencil in place. I used a Clarity brush to keep it soft.


I wanted a soft floor pattern and got exactly what I wanted.


All that was left was adding the sentiment. I used VersaMark Aegean Blue for a chalk soft blue grey.


For the inside, I used the same stencil to give a bit of detail and stamped with the Aegean Blue.



Challenges

Art Impressions: Playful People
AAA Cards: Watercolour
The Crafter's Cafe: CAS
The Crafty Addicts: CAS
Crafting from the Heart: Anything Goes
Through the Craftroom Door: Anything Goes
Penny's Paper-crafty: Anything Goes
Addicted to Stamps and More: Anything Goes

Music

Great song from the musical Company by Stephen Sondheim. Great show. 

8 comments:

  1. What a fun card, love the sentiment.
    Thanks for sharing at ATSM. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colouring and I love the fun image. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks great. Thanks for joining us at The Crafty Addicts.
    Bye, Groetjes van Ine (DT)
    http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, I love AI stamps! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous fun image and sentiment,great colouring and love the sentiment inside too-I'll drink to that lol--Thank you for joining us at Crafting from the Heart
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card and awesome technique!

    Thanks for joining us @ Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge! Hope to see you back again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card. Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at TTCRD this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super fun card, thank you for sharing it at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge
    Anne DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.