22 September 2021

Life with Zest! - emboss resist, shaker, stencil

 


When life gives you lemons, live with zest! My end-of-summer card features stamps and ink from Kraftin' Kimmie stamps, a shaker dome and die from Sizzix, stencil from Simple Stories, and shaker bits from Dress My Craft.

On Saturday, I had a Zoom with my mom and she was curious how I made a shaker so I made a card for her with an idea that had been kickin' in my head since I got got the stencil, the die, and the shaker domes. 


I used Kimmie inks (Yummy Yellow, Summer Sunshine, and Cool Cantaloupe) with the Lemon Twist stencil from Simple Stories then embossed over them with clear gloss from Wow. I then used a teal ink (Ocean Opulence) to brush over the panel lightly with the embossing as a resist. I used the Sizix Jar of Flowers die set with a matching shaker dome and filled it with the Lemon Sprinkle Mix with some added teal and yellow dollar store sequins. I embossed a sentiment from Kraftin' Kimmie's Berry Sweet and added Kimmie Dots all on a yellow card base from Stampin' Up Daffodil Delight. The white panel is Hammermill 100lb which is my go-to for most white cardstock needs (including alcohol ink colouring). The glitter paper is from Core'dinations which is sadly long retired. 


Inside, I used the Berry Sweet stamps with Cool Cantaloupe with an overlay of Tempting Turquoise cardstock with the sentiment. 


I love shakers. Lemonade in a jar glass is really good, too, especially late in Summer on an evening outside with the hint of Autumn in the air. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.